Like the majority of the American population, you enjoy the NFL and college football games. One night, after watching the games, you think you have what it takes to handicap college football, and you decide to give it a try. You spend hours looking at every game, stats and numbers you can find, and finally gather enough guts to place your bets on your prediction. However, your prediction went totally wrong and inaccurate. You ask yourself ‘What did I do wrong this time?’ This is the world of football handicapping— it is a hard and daunting task. Handicapping cannot be done overnight. It takes time, sweat, tears and perseverance to be successful in this discipline.
College Football can be just as fun and exciting as NFL games. If you want to handicap college football like a pro, as a pursuant you need to have a better understanding of the game to be successful in handicapping. Football handicapping is one very frustrating and daunting challenge to any amateur. If you really want to succeed in football handicapping, follow these easy steps and it could greatly help you in your handicapping endeavor.
1. Read full accounts for all the college football games, especially the games with the teams you are most interested in, the Monday the games have been completed. Read the newspaper articles, look for articles from the internet, and get full accounts that give the football team’s scores, outcome and overall performance.
2. Look at the stats carefully. Examine turnovers, passing yards, rushing yards, etc. Check out the trends, and see if the teams are more powerful on the offensive or defensive. Do not forget to look at their opponent’s stats and records, as well.
3. Listen and watch the coaches and football players carefully. Listen to their press conferences, interviews, etc. Some teams will tell you about their player’s injuries and condition, though other teams are not as forthcoming.
4. Read midweek articles from the newspapers. See how the college practices are and how the team has been after a win or loss. Attitude plays a major key to a football team.
5. Watch for any changes by Thursday. If favors have moved from one team to another or vice versa, check factors like injuries, illness or suspensions.
6. Check different online handicapping message boards and websites. See and compare your information from others. Some of the people on those boards are professionals and usually have inside sources.
7. Place your bets once if you feel confident, and place it as early as possible.
Of course, there are several websites that offer football handicapping services, both college and pro. These handicap services are done by specialists and experts. These websites offer information and analysis per game, and inside information. You can get all these information for a fixed fee.
However, handicapping doesn’t give you assurance of a sure-win. After all, there is still a risk element when betting on football games. If you can find out how to handicap college football games, you can increase your chances of winning tenfold.